1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

spindle life

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Nov 17, 2003.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i just recently purchased meg-mos for my 13hp 36" mower i had a earlier post about a large thawk noise but my question now is will these blades decrease my spindle life, they are heavy which really don't matter as long as the are balanced but these blades aren't supposed to be balanced, also my mower must be at least 20 decibles louder it sounds like a jet plane and seems to vibrate more, when i took off the cover for my deck it seemed like the tension pulley was bouncey when running the blades, the large thawk noise which everyone says is common still bothers me it sounds like these blades could lead to trouble down the road i dont want to void my warrenty what do i do:confused:
  2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Use search function here for meg-mo blades, their balance issue has a very lengthy thread.

Shouldn't effect spindle life, almost the same thing weight wise as running doubles.