spindle question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kevin0311, Sep 10, 2007.

1. kevin0311

kevin0311 LawnSite Member

buddy of mine has a exmark lazer z with the 60 inch ultracut deck, not sure of year or serial number but roughly 02 mabey. bearing in spindle had lots of play in it so took apart and ended up being shaft was bad (wore) where upper bearing is so went to local dealer and they said that exmark doesn't have those shafts anymore, new and different one which also requires him to change his double pully (right bagger side) to fit new shaft. dealer also said they changed the spindle assembly.

question one: is this true? can't get the larger shaft anymore, one with the bigger nut (1-1/4 socket)?

question two: is the e-clip on the bottom really necessary? with nut on top tight bottom bearing can't go anyware imo and he had to do some switching around because dealer didn't have the double pully in stock so he put new shaft on other side and the bottom cover is hitting the e-clip when he tighten's it up. he thinks it will work fine if the e-clip wasn't there and is just barely hitting now. if he torque's the nut then can't even spin it.

any thoughts?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kevin

Q1: I'm certain that we still have the blade spindle for that machine if it's an '02 model. Best way to handle this would be to get us his model and serial number, and then I can get you the P/N that he requires.

Q2: E-clip is required...again, get me the M/S and I should be able to give you the part numbers he needs and show a diagram of installation.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Lenny

3. kevin0311

i'll get the number but might be older, not sure
    were the older spindle shaft's changed/updated to new part that are smaller diamator?

4. kevin0311

399941 is the serial number, any other info you might have on this machine would also be appricated as he is the second owner and doesn't know the year or any other info on it.

says its the bearing cover (only thing on the bottom of shaft before you slide it up in the assembly) that is hitting the e-clip a bit when he tighten it up, never did this on old one and e-clip is in all the way also. thanks

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kevin,

It sounds as though he's doing one of two things. Either he's trying to put the top bearing guard on the bottom or he's using the wrong bottom bearing guard/spacer. For his serial number unit, the bottom guard should be a one piece assy.

Spindle Shaft P#: 103-2785
    Bottom Bearing Guard/spacer P#: 103-2535

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Lenny

6. kevin0311

ok, passed along the info. i am sure everything is stock except the bearings on that side so mabey he has the wrong guard on and needs to switch it