1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

spindle started on fire on my warrior. question about new part.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Jun 3, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

my dad was helping me today and he claimed it started on fire. i think it was just smoking real bad but...anyway dry grass everywhere

it's the center spindle
    it's been bad for a while and i ordered the part and had it on hand but i thought i got the wrong part. apparently they updated the spindle and gave it a bigger shaft. it also has a larger top pulley. the old pulley was 5.75 the new one is 6.75.

will this make the blades spin faster with the pulley being bigger??????? i can see where it might have more grab with more of the belt in contact with the pulley.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If the pulley is bigger then it would spin slower.

Because MORE belt has to travel along the surface of the pulley before it turns a full revolution.
    A smaller pulley would spin faster, as in more blade rpm's.
  3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

well that's what i thought. i could tell it was a little slower. i'd like to have both pulleys. i'd like to be able to swap them if i have lots of rough mowing to do.

i'm waiting again on the parts man to see what he comes up with. pretty soom i'm just going to get the # myself and see what the f is going on!