1. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Alot of threads over the past few months has covered the urethane edge topic, however I have neglected to mention urethane spinners. While they are very common on larger spreaders, they are uncommon on smaller v boxes. We switched from a 3 vein 12" spinner to a 14" 6 vein spinner in less than 1 hour, and now use about 20% less material due to better spread patterns. We no longer get the clumping effect in back of the spreader, but now a nice evn spread.
    So look at something as simple as the spinner as another way to make higher profits.

2. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

dino,
    Did you put one on your small air flo,if so how does that work?

3. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Tailgate airflow, or 2 yrd airflow?
    The tailgate no, but yes to the other, and it made a huge difference. My stainless had a urethane on it, and I loved the spread pattern, so I reasoned that perhaps the urethane will work good for the other spreader as well, and sure enough it did.
    Dino
    K-I-S-S

4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Western Pro Flo 2 spreader. Do you think one of these urethane spinners would be any better than the one it came with?

-Tim

5. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Lets put it this way, if you bought a new pro flow this year, it would have a urethane spinner on it. MTS my supplier, now supplies western/fisher with all urethane spinners for tailgate and v box spreaders.
    E mail me off forum for more details
    plowking35@aol.com

[Edited by ChucksChevyPages on 11-09-2000 at 02:56 AM]