Spinning tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dedgrass, Mar 24, 2003.

1. dedgrass

dedgrass LawnSite Member

Howdy All!
    Just tried out my Woods 6250 on my 4 acres yesterday. I really like the mower except that the tires want to spin out. The unit has a turf type tire rather than the ribbed style that Grasshopper uses. Any thoughts as how to improve traction? Chains?If I need to go to a ribbed or cleated tire, what should I expect to pay?
    Thanks for the help.
    ded :blob3: :blob4:

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Is the ground really wet? I would give it some more time for you to get used to operating the mower. Don't take this to a customer site and try and learn on their turf though. Let us know how it turns out.

Gravely_Man

3. dedgrass

dedgrass LawnSite Member

We have had a fair amount of rain lately, but my ground is dry enough to plow.

4. jbt

jbt LawnSite Member

Be sure you have the correct air pressure in the tires.

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

lower your air pressure to a little below suggested levels. My new Lazer Z hp had them inflated too high and it spun like crazy.

6. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

what do you mean

7. Gravely_Man

Any better luck after trying the mower out some more or by checking the air pressure?

Gravely_Man

8. dedgrass

dedgrass LawnSite Member

I think I just need some' gettin' used to it' time on this mower. I cut some fairly flat ground with it the other day and had no probs. BTW- tire pressure was on the mark.
    Thanks for all the input.
    ded:D :eek: :D

9. Gravely_Man

Sounds good that the tire pressure was dead on. Give yourself some more "learning time" with the mower and let us know how it goes.

Gravely_Man

10. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

What i think he means is that it is dry enough for the farmers to plow. Thats the way i took it. :D