1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spiral trimmer line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MLS, Jul 6, 2000.

1. MLS

MLS LawnSite Member

my dealer gave me a free sample of some "new" trimmer line today. The best way to describe it is square line that has been twisted. Therefore the line has many sharp edges. I admit that I was skeptical at first but to humor the guy I used it in my Tanaka trimmer. You would not believe the difference it makes. I think that it will cut our trimming time significantly. If anyone has used this stuff then please let me know if there are any cons. Also if anyone is interested in the company name I will get that information as soon as possible.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you haven't tried the Echo Cross Fire string, try it. It has 8 edges on it. We use .105 which will out last .095 big time. We've tried .125 also, but it's a too heavy for normal grass, but nice if you ever need to clear some big weeds in a big area.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: Eric ELM
  3. dhicks

dhicks Member

I'm interested in trying it!
  4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

the stuff you describe is simular to &quot;weed terminator&quot; except for the spirals. weed terminator is good stuff but the brand you describe would be worth a try.<p>GEO
  5. MLS

MLS LawnSite Member

Sorry it took me so ong to find this but to honest I almost forgot but here goes. The company's name is Sufix. They have a toll free number 1 800 543-4245. Also a web site at www.sufix.com I would suggest that if you can give this stuff a try. I ran out of the sample and had to go back to the square line and the difference was unbelievable. I went staight to my dealer and bought a spool of the stuff. Hope this will help.
  6. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

the spiral line is made by sufix, it is supposed to reduce noise and cut quicker, have not tried it