1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Splain sumpin to me....

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cphilip, Aug 17, 2005.

1. cphilip

cphilip LawnSite Member

I see references to seat spring kit.... for the Mini FT too. What is this kit and how does it differ from the springs on the seat mount already there?

Anyone got a picture of this set up?

And "seat of the pants" observation? (pun intended)

I might mention that I have a seat that I do not recognize from before hand. Its still a grey seat. With optional arm rests. But it has a lever and tracks for forward and back adjustment. Was not the original seat. The original seat was slit/cut and had to be replaced upon purchase of the machine by the dealer. I took it on and he got me a replacement seat and I mounted it. So I ended up with this seat thats a bit nicer actualy. So what I have now is not bolts going through slots but studs in the seat going through the slots and nuts and spring and flat washers securing it to the seat frame (Flap)

So If this seat spring kit is along the lines of that attachement... and now that I am not stock... what kit would I need even though its on a Mini Fastrak?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Mini FasTrak already has a spring seat suspension built into the unit, therefore there is no need to install a seat spring kit on the Mini FasTrak.
    Does your seat say Hustler on the backrest? if so you may have the seat of the Hustler Z.

3. rock creek

rock creek LawnSite Member

I purchased a 23/52 Mini Z in 2003 and have a seat that is mounted on what looks like a curved piece of metal that is then bolted to the frame of the mower. Is this the suspension seat for that model? If not, can you post a picture of the suspension seat for the Mini Z? Thanks
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is not a "from the factory" suspension seat option on the Mini Z's.
    Sounds like you have the FasTrak seat spring option under your seat on your Mini Z, a lot of dealers did put these on units in there stock.
    You also could of (or can) purchase the suspension seat that comes std on the Supers.
    Take a look on our website @ the Super Z's, you will see what the suspension seat looks like.