Split-Boom Weed Eaters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JB Lawn Services, Jan 14, 2000.

1. cnflawn

cnflawn LawnSite Member
    from tn

all these people are correct. stay away from homeowner units. a split boom is a great way to get the most use out of your money. it also makes a great second trimmer as you can use it for many other things plus have a back up trimmer.

2. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Try Alamia.com. It is a site linked to Lawn and Landscape.com. They are mail order and competetively priced. Ask for Jeff or Saad.

3. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I have to agree with everyone else. Buy a commercial trimmer. I use a Ryobi 31cc 2 cycle. On my larger properties it gets heavy before I get done. Very hard on the shoulders. The only reason I use it is I had it when I started in the business. I will replace it this summer with a commercial brand. One note on the split boom. The first one I bought the screw that holds the clasp in place sheared. It was only a couple of weeks old so Lowes replaced it no problem. The reason I bought the split boom was to attach the edger when I needed. I have used the edger maybe twice. I now just sits in the truck and never gets used. I flip the weedeater around for edging. Think about it. You may not need a split boom. <p>Good luck<p>----------<br>Jeff<br>

4. jeffclc

jeffclc Guest

I have to agree with the others that you do not want a homeowner grade trimmer for heavy duty use. <p>Echo products can be purchased from sevral mail order companies, and are not all that much more $$$ than the Ryboi.