1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Split Load dump trucks

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Imulchmore, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Imulchmore

Imulchmore LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a new dump preferably a f-650 or a LCF L55. But I am having trouble locating Info on the dump body. Anyone know the manufacture of the split load dumps

2. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

Why buy Ford dump? They don't allow hauling of rock, coal, mulch, or dirt?? What do you haul?

3. Imulchmore

What? I dont quite understand

4. Travel'n Trees

5 differet FORD dealers and corporate all have stated this. Did you know that if you plug your cell phone into a ciggarette lighter instead of the power port it can void your warranty. It is in your owners manual. It isn't worth saving a few dollars up front. You will lose in fuel and repairs. Their warranty just doesn't cut it.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

International 4300 or 4700 with a DT466 engine is going to be your best friend.

Best small big dump trucks ever built. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

6. Travel'n Trees

I currently own those 2 and a duramax, I'm sticking with the duramax.

7. Imulchmore

My International is in the shop at this very minute. Every 5 minutes there is another thing wrong with it. I finally found a guy local to work on it. Last year it was the map sensor. Truck kept on shutting down while driving. This time I thought it was the trans it would not shift out of first. Its is only a shifting module ....Thank God... I dont even want to think about what a new trans would cost me. Dont get me wrong I love my International but forget about getting a appoinment with a dealer it is 2 to 3 weeks sometimes.

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I personally would stay away from the F-650 Ford if you want a decent budget medium duty dump look at a Sterling Acterra. You can get them in any single axle gvw from 18000lbs to 35,000lbs and you can get the C-7 Cat and or the ISC Cummins (8.3).

After looking over the new Internationals I'am not impressed if I was really looking for a good single axle dump brand new it would be a T-300 Kenworth they are a little pricey but you get what you pay for.

As for split load box why do you want one if your customer wants 2 different materials you make two different trips.

You may have to have a landscape dump body with some dividers built into it.

9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Freightliner FL-60's are pretty affordable single axles.

[​IMG]

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The little business class trucks are good I haven't seen any of the M2 series that replaced the FL series yet. The Sterlings Acterra and the Sterling Ls are the replacements for the Louis Fords.