Split Load dump trucks

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Imulchmore, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I would go with either a GMC or International, both PROVEN and time tested medium duty trucks, and the DT466 has been around for decades, as well a GMC with a small CAT.

2. FANS

FANS LawnSite Member

Call Eby Body in Blue Ball outside of Ephrata. They can build whatever you want, as long as it's aluminum. Don't have their number handy, just google them.

3. griffin_73

griffin_73 LawnSite Member

instead of puttin a split load dump body on have ne of you ever thought of putting a multi lift system on it. cost a little more but then you have one truck that you xcan use for every possible thing and if you have more then one job goin on at a time you just drop and bin with the supply of at the site and let the crew deal with that and you move on to the next bin

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i think that the internationals and the fords are the same thing with different body work... both are manufactures by "bluediamond" a collaboration between ford and int. I just bought a new derated f750 great truck and the lease is a good value

5. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

sometimes i wish my dump was a split loader but what can you do. I see no one under stands what it does but if you deliver a lot of supplies and 2 costumers want 3 yards of mulch each and there both in the same direction why would you want to make 2 trips such a wast of time and fuel. Its the difference between making a good profit or not making very much at all.