1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Split shaft and security?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ryan Lightning, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Ive been thinking about a split shaft tool, for hedge trimmers, stick edger, and back up string trimmer. But I use a open trailer, with a trimmer rack. With the split shaft someone could just pull the shaft in half and walk off with my tool. Does anyone thing people would notice this? I mostly lock my tools when I go in the back yard.
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That is exactly what I've been telling people on this site for several years.
  3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

some theives are pretty smart when things are planed out but most trailer thefts are grab and run . so they mite not notice the split boom
  4. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Plan to put it and all your attachments in your cage. If you don't, you stand to lose it.
  5. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

That's really funny when you think about it!
    Contact trimmer trap and tell them they should work on something that will address this. Worth a shot.
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I never considered this one, but I would have to go with HarryD on this one. It would almost have to be a thief that works or use to work in this line of business to know that your trimmer would even come apart like that.