Split tank sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RABBITMAN11, Jan 10, 2009.

1. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know of a company that makes smaller split tank sprayers?
    Like a 75/75 or 50/50.

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

You can build your own for 1/2 the money and acually customize it to fit your op!

Building a sprayer is very easy. PM me your e-mail address and I can send you pics of mine if you want to see it and get some ideas.

3. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I almost bought one of these last year. Best deal I've found. I was going to use 1 tank for Perimeter Pest Treatments& other for small tree/shrub. Drawback-has a roller pump instead of diaphragm, which is OK, depending on what you're going to use it for. Cost $2,500+shipping.

Hey Rodney-I'm interested in those pics/plans. I'll PM you my email.:usflag:

split pco.jpg

4. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

You already got my e-mail, can you send the pics too me too while you are at it?

Thanks!

5. KACYDS

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

Another drawback is the hand crank on the hose reel. I hope most of you guys are not using a hand crank and have an electric reel. I just cant imagine rolling up 300' of hose 8-10 times a day.:dizzy:

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yep rcreech

It is not hard and a lot cheaper to just add an other tank. Draw backs might be space. I have seen some very nice Fiberglass split tanks that fit like a Space saver.

While I had a split tank set up at one time, I got away from them due to cross contamination of products. I now only run single tanks, pump and hose reel. I have 3 on my cab over and two 5 X 10 trailers with a skid sprayer on each for special jobs. In my case I have down sized from a bigger operation and have equipment left over. Therefore as a one man band I have more equipment than I really need. Fact is I still have pumps and hose reels sitting in my barn that I don't use at all. I am a collector and no desire to sell any thing right now. I keep having bad thoughts that maybe I will hire help and need that equipment.

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Ric,

I currently have a 3 tank system and adding another to make it 4 (currently adding a Three Way concentrate tank with oz meter and pump).

I have it set up so that NO WAY can products be mixed or cross contaminated. Took me about 6 month to design (could have done much quicker, but wanted it to be close to perfect).

It is a pretty sweet rig and is all aluminum.

My new set up after adding the Three Way tank will include:
    4 tanks, three pumps, 2 hose reels and bulk water load for my ride on. Nice thing is...I can still haul a pallet (I usually only haul 30 bags or so as that is what I use/day) of fert and I have my ride on hanging on the back.

My truck is a very effecient, and compact ride! :cool2:

I have literally in 1 stop, sprayed a flowerbed, did a perimeter pest control, mole job and sprayed the lawn. This 1 stop was all in about an hour and was VERY PROFITABLE!

8. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

We need pics! 30 bags a day is humpin. I can only move that much fert on the days I do commercial or acreage. Are you able to just fork in a pallet to your truck?

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Wow you sound like you have a sweet setup