1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Splitting a Zone

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by snmhanson, May 17, 2004.

1. snmhanson

snmhanson LawnSite Member

I am going to be starting installation on an eight zone system in the near future. Several of the zones are adjacent 30' x 120' zones and I am going to place ten thiry foot rotors for each one. My question is does each zone have to have it's own sprinklers or can I skip a zone and set the sprinklers on the edge of each adjacent zone to cover the middle zone? For example, if I have three adjacent zones can I put rotors in zones one and three and have the edge ones from each of the two zones cover zone two by setting the corner heads to 180 degrees and the middle heads to 360 degrees. Or will this result in poor coverage from those heads in their main zone or create other problems? Thanks.

2. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

if the zones are side by side and not seperated by obstructions, and your not watering over say, sidewalks and such, there is no reason why Zone two can't be covered by some of Zone one's Heads, Zone three some of Zone two, etc. Give your self some over lap, and figure in some double coverage to the 360's.