splitting business

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mowman99, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Mowman99

Mowman99 LawnSite Member

Right now I have a company that does Lawn Maintenance, Landscaping, Irrigation & chemical fertilzation. I'm thinking about starting 2 new companies, 1 would be Irrigation the other would be Fertilization. The reason I thought about this is because we can't go after any other lawn care companies spraying because they don't want a truck with our name coming onto there accounts and also if they know we do maintenance then some won't use us. With chemical spraying we only do our accounts and just a few more and I feel that with a truck designated to just spraying it would attract more business and we could add on bushes fert. and spot spraying of other controlled grasses. With irrigation we could do alot more repair. We just do the new job's and sub out repairs and sometime the new installs also without making much on it and spraying we don't offer anything extra. What do some of you guys do. My lawncare company would still offer chemical spraying & irrigation we would just sub it to my other company.