1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sponsor feedback on Directories

Discussion in 'Pre23' started by mdvaden, Mar 5, 2007.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

If somebody was going to get listed in a directory or directories, which one do you like?

Feel that any give too little bang for the buck?

Are there any that open the door to email spamming via the registration?
  2. OhioJeff

OhioJeff Inactive

Hi there,

when you say 'work' are we talking incoming site visitor traffic or link value?

There are many quality directories that will deliver traffic, if it's worth it not I think depends upon the cost of the listing and the business. For me, I would measure not so much traffic from the directory but phone calls from the directory.

The only directory that I pay absolutley no attention to... and I think can harm you.. is dmoz. Too many problems from spammers.

With email directory spam, yeah you'll get it. But we all get so much already what's a little more :) I don't even worry about email spammers anymore I just invest in good anti spam services. It's the contact form spam that's starting to be annoying. I got a few that I'm going to have to be challenge questions on.