Sponsoring ball teams?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by apowell18, Mar 15, 2007.

1. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

Have a chance to sponsor my daughters little league soccer team this year. It's through Parks and Rec, but it's fairly inexpensive.

$150 gets my business name on front of jerseys of one team
    $250 same as $150 plus name on a banner displayed every Saturday during games (all day).
    $350 same as above, but for two teams.

Has anyone ever tried this? Did it work? Worth it?

For $350 my business name gets out there in the community for parents and others to see. I figure that it would be good for name recognition as I get started this year. Please give me feedback.

2. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck LawnSite Member

i have done it but it was real cheap got my name on jerseys of my sisters team it was less then $50 no accounts but good name reconition

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I've done it for the few years. Didn't really get anything,I do it just to do it.:)

4. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I don't really see how you can go wrong for the price. Just think about how many people will see your name at the games, but then also when pictures are shown to friends and family members, your name will be right on the front of their jersey.

5. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

I think it's good P.R. to sponsor civic activities; especially kid's programs. It can only bring you good name recognition in the community and will have long term benifits. Besides, if you can afford sponsorship, it's a great thing to do. All those kids will be home owners and business owners in a few years. Look at it as planting seed corn. You may reap a big harvest later.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

YES it is a very good idea and it does bring in business but more than that it lets people know that you care.

7. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

Been doing it for the same reason on two baseball teams and two outdoor soccer team along with two indoor soccer teams each year. I even have two full color sponsor 4'x4' signs at each outdoor field and this being the third year i am seeing some work out of it but for my two boys team I just do it to do it.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

do it i hope i get offered that id sign up in a heart beat

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Man if it was that cheap here I'd be all over it too.

I have an full page ad in the local HS Varsity Hockey and Football team Programs, and that costs me $300 a year. $200 for Football and $100 for hockey, but of course the football one is always the first page or very last page on the outside cover. Never got any business from them, but its good for PR, however like someone else said, I mainly do it just to do it.

10. JeffW0011

JeffW0011 LawnSite Member

I am co-sponsoring one of my kids baseball teams. It's totally immersed in my target market. Plus the bigger sponsor is a high roller and a halfway buddy of mine, our kids have been playing ball together for years. He knows I am a statup and he's going to let me share in 50/50 benefits, for about 20% of the cash and a promise to pull a few extra shifts in the concession stand.