1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawn Enforcer, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I'm a big race fan, and I gave a friend $70 to put my company name on the back of his hobby stock dirt race car. How many of you guys advertise at race tracks? Any results?
  2. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i have "heard" from my tire guy who is big into racing that sponsoring cars can get you into big trouble if something were to happen to the car. he was telling me of a story where at a local track a car crashed, went into the stands and hurt some people pretty badly. the injured sued everyone from the track, to the car owner, to the sponsors. he told me his insurance company was going to drop him if he sponsored anymore cars because his name was on the car. like i said this is what he had told me so it could be b.s. but i could also see it happening with todays lawyers......
  3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

That's why on the back of most larger race venues they have a legal statement releasing the track, cars, sponsers and anything too do with the race from any injuries which may accure ..... the ticket holder assumes all "risk"
  4. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

then how does a criminal who breaks into someones house sue them when they get injured? this is land of lawsuits....

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Even if something bad were to happen, the one they will go after is the one with the money. The track owner or promoter with the big insurance policy.
  6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

You can sue anyone fore a variety of any reasons .....n this is not too say that if you go too a race even with the disclaimer .....such as a Nascar race ....n get hurt that you can't sue the track or such ....usually at this point someone makes an offer for damages just to stay out of the media

It's all about the money n the lawyer one has too make your case

As far as someone breaking into my house ....getting hurt ...my Glock ....n they sue me .... so be it .... I just don't see them winning in a court with a jury