Spookie job.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Black Water, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if any of you guys ever had any experinces like this one.
    I got a call last week about a job at a local historical plantation house. Well i drive out to look at the place, and when i pull up i see this very ominous looking house built in 1795 with on sight fired brick,old wavey glass, cypress trim, and doors that creek like they came from the rose red set.I mean this thing looks like wes cravins wet dream! So i'm talking with the supervisor, and were walking the grounds so i can give her a price. The whole time she's telling me about this crazy professor that lived here around the turn of the century, and did these weird experiments on monkies. So i'm thinking,....ok who does'nt like mutated monkies, and is my life insurance policy up to date. Sure enouph, i take the job, but i can only fit it in on friday at 4:00. That way it'll give me about four hours of daylight to mow this helliish nightmare.What i forgot to allot for was that the days are now getting shorter, and the freaking goblins will be comming out alot faster! The pay is just gravy, but when daylight savings time rears it's ugly head i just know i'm gonna be on the 11:00 o'clock news. I'm already smoking a half a pack of cigarettes while i'm there. What do ya think....reschedule for high noon?
  2. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I mow a place in the woods where nobody lives (second home, busy life) Been goin there late in the afternoon/evening a couple times.... place looks like the house at the end of the Blair Witch Project......... I'm actually at the point now that if I turned around and someone was standing there, I'd almost have been expecting it........... I have a friend who lives around the corner, he got me the job... I've already warned him not to walk up near me while I'm workin there, cause if I don't die of a heart attack, I'll Kill HIM!!!!!
  3. griffin16

griffin16 LawnSite Member

Change your name and move out of state.

I have met some weird, Freaky people before, But I can't talk about my inlaws in this fourm
  4. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Nah I reckon ya rescedule for 12:00 mid-night :)

It sounds like a begining of a scary movie. You'll be the guy that gets taken out first unless you get a black guy helping ya. Thats usually the way it works, the black guy always gets taken out first leaving you enough time to escape.

Better lay off the smokes too mate or they'll kill ya before the Goblins get a chance. Or ya won't be able to see em coming in your smoke screen.

Never had job like this.
    Did you ask what happend to the last LCO.....................ooowwhh
  5. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

I ment spooky. Spell check......we don't need no stinking spell check.
  6. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

yea spooky alright
  7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

BW, which house is it? I'm somewhat familiar with Sparkle city.
  8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Especially with Halloween coming soon!

I used to mow for a mobile home dealer, and the old used ones were way in the back of the lot. Anyhow, they had one home a person had been murdered in, and another repo which a guy had bought 3 months prior and had been killed by a car while checking his mail (real bummer ya know). Sometimes when I would be mowing or trimming between the homes I'd feel like someone was watching me from a window (always at the same home). I'd look up and usually nobody was there, but once in a while someone would be slowly backing away from the window ( I cut once a week there - but it only happened twice that I know of). It got so that I would make myself not look up from what I was doing, just so I could finish the job. Pretty scary. Glad I'm not doing work for them anymore! What's really scary is I didn't the stories behind these homes until a few weeks after I had been booted (they went outta business).
  9. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a current photo ready for the milk cartons.
  10. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Simple solution, is just have a couple extra mowers handy, so when the gobblins come out, they can help you finish early!
    and maybe you can go get your w/b blessed just in case!
    BOO :D