Sport x

Discussion in 'Wright Manufacturing, Inc. (Archived)' started by WJC, Feb 18, 2011.

1. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

I am wondering if Wright is still planning to make the Sport X model, and if so will there be a 61" model? And what is the time frame to the dealers.
    I really like my Sentar Sport, but would also like one with a little more speed, 20" tires,and a 61" deck.

2. WrightCommercial

WrightCommercial Inactive

WJC,

The Sport X is currently being worked on and the 61" model is scheduled for release in the first week of April.

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.

3. WJC

Thanks for your reply, thats actually sooner then I figured it would be out.

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Are they planning to stop making the regular Sentar sport and RH models? Also how will these new Sport X models compare to a regular Sentar? Seems a bit silly to have 3 models of Sentar and 3 adjustable deck standers.

5. WrightCommercial

pugs,

The Sentar Sport and Stander RH will continue to be made, pricing will be the difference between the adjustable deck mowers, with each model being a step up from the next. The full size Sentar is no longer being produced but it is the mower the Sport X has been modeled after during its developement.

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.

6. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

Are you planning upon making a Sentar or Sport on the ZK frame, so that larger engines and decks and groundspeed will be available?

7. WrightCommercial

olde blue,

We have actually prototyped a sit down ZK, an actual production version would require significant changes for the dynamics to be correct. If it is taken further through the developement process it would be atleast a year before it would be released.

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.

8. WJC

How are you guys doing on the Sport X, It's June now and I don't see anything on the website about them and the dealer knows nothing about them. If you have produced any, can I see some pictures? Thanks

9. WrightCommercial

The Sport X is our newest model and we've just begun producing it. We are also in the process of changing our website over (literally as we speak). So I ask for your patience as we make this switch. If you'd like to demo a Sport X in the meantime, I'd be happy to help make those arrangements. Just let me know!

Thanks!

Best regards,

Jillian
    Wright Manufacturing, Inc.

10. WJC

I would like to demo a 61". Right now we're not getting any rain and temps are above average so the grass isnt growing much at all, so if there was one available I don't think it would tell me what I need to know. Is it going to be very similar to the stander x but with a seat and different positioning of the quad levers, or a much different machine altogether?