Spot Parking Lot Spraying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by thecuttingedgelawn, Oct 2, 2012.

1. thecuttingedgelawn

thecuttingedgelawn LawnSite Member

I've been asked by a new client with a large parking lot (Renovated Walmart Building) to spray some weed killer on their parking lot cracks. I have a Stihl backpack sprayer and they are able to furnish the chemical or said they would allow me to purchase it and charge them for it. What I'm wondering is what is the best arrangement is for pricing labor cost? I'm not sure what a decent rate is for a smaller town of 15,000 people in a rural community in Iowa.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

2. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

$100/hr
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. thecuttingedgelawn

Is that with you as the supplier "supplying" the chemicals?

4. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Either way, price it to not to have to do it. If you get oh well you'll make good money
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. thecuttingedgelawn

K, thanks for the info....Another question I have is, I have a Stihl backpack sprayer that I plan on using, would I just pour the chemical in there from the jug or do I have to do anything else that I'm not aware of? Or is there any reason to dilute it?

6. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

:hammerhead:

7. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Please refer to the book READ THE LABEL 101
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't have knowledge of chemicals then you have no buisness applying them. Your last post has indicated to everyone on here that you are an unlicensed individual and therefore it would be illegal for you to spray any herbicide. Contact a licensed individual to do the app for you. Otherwise, get licensed. You'll likely be ripped to shreds here directly by someone reading your post. Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

You're joking, right?

10. thecuttingedgelawn

Never mind, already figured out a solution, thanks for all your help!