Spot Seeding Quote

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by LawnLad, Apr 5, 2002.

1. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else have to give a price on a job for "repairing and reseeding lawn areas including maintenance (watering, reseeding etc until approved lawn is established)". The amount of turf area is to be determined later as needed.

We spot normally at about $.40 to $.50 per square foot, add in the watering to get things going, and I come to about $16.00 per square yard.

Does this seem reasonable for small spot seeding patch repairs?

2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

What level of watering commitment are you talking about?

3. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

to establishment. So if I seeded with blue, it would take two months.

I would go with about a 60% rye, 25% blue and 15% fescue mix... or something along these lines. Some blue grass, but mostly quick germinating grass to fill in those areas where there was high foot traffic and de-icer that killed the lawn areas over the winter.

4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

At what point does sodding become cost effective for your customer? Same thing with regrading and reseeding? For the amount of care and cost involved your customer would be better off resodding than spot seeding. This is where you have to show the customer a better way of doing the job.