Spot Spray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kbrashears, Jun 6, 2006.

1. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Do you return to your yards to spot spray what you may have missed/grew post spray?

Do you do it for free?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Service calls are always free. They pay me to take care of their lawn...not to go through the motions.

3. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Yep! Ditto here. The better job you do the fewer service calls you have :waving:

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I do free service calls but have very few! none yet this year and have done over 1000 applications! hit the weeds heavy in the fall and you wont have many problems in the spring. blanket spray all new customers in the spring.

5. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Well, we do it for free.....but we don't get service calls.

We do it BEFORE we get service calls.

Of course, we aren't very large, with about 43 customers, but those 43 customers have some large properties. I'd say 30 are in the 30k to 2.5 acre range and 10 are in the 20-25K range.

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

We do it as part of the service. Had only 2 call backs this year. Both were new customers that we think were just testing us to see if we would come back like we said when they signed up.

7. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

Starting the 2nd app, we spot spray weeds every visit, blanket the new customers and blanket all in the Fall. Getting rid of all weeds in the Fall is the real ticket to clean lawns in Spring.

8. oOTurfmanoO

oOTurfmanoO LawnSite Member

I know this sounds dumb, but I was under the impression that the weeds are dead in the fall.

Having said this, what product are you putting down as a blanket app. in the fall for control into the spring?

How are you seeding in the fall and or spring?

What is your spring app for weed/grassy weed control?

9. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

This is a pretty good question, this is my first full year doing app's. and I run split apps of dimension and spot spray (mec Amine) on second app which is in mid may, however you miss the white clover that comes up in the heat of summer (zone 5), but you take care of Dandelions and henbit, chickweed. Should I be doing something different?