1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spot to Mount EZ-Reach

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnSharks, Oct 26, 2007.

1. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for ideas on how and where to mount a quick release EZ-Reach trash pick-up tool on our eXmark laser Z's. It would be nice to have it close to the right side but there doesn't seem to be a good place to haul/mount it.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I lay mine right next to me. It stays right between the seat and the right tank on the OUTside of the handle bar. I lay it upside down so the angle sits nice and flat on the foorpan. I've never had a problem. It is just too easy to get to there. Nice and handy.
  3. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

I guess mine are larger than yours. It will lay where you are talking about but it interferes with the deck lowering mechanism. I'll keep trying to find a place but nothing is jumping out at us.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

5. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I had the cheaper EZ-Reach. The one that folded. It done well until I tried to pick something up pretty heavy. It folded the aluminum and couldn't use it.

Anyways back to the post.

I took 2 of those square magnets you can find at the hardware store and tied with fishing line and glued with some some weather resistant glue. I think I used RTV. I would lay it right on the main square tube going to the caster assembly.

I like the magnets because it held the EZ-Reach while bouncing around. Seemed to work well until I broke it.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry. I made a mistake. The grabber sits on the INSIDE of the handlebar. It doesn't even WORK on th outside of the bar. LOL
  7. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

This is how we do it on the lazer. We use the ones that you can get at Home Depot. That is one of the things that are indispensable.