Spotlight Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Victor, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys. I've been considering switching from Speedzone, to a mix of Spotlight + Triplet next year. I was wondering where I could buy Spotlight and how much it costs? Any help woild be appreciated. Thanks.

2. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

it's made by Dow Agrosciences. I know Lesco sells it. They said around $250 per gallon. Not sure on the mix rate though, it's probably pretty low like 1/2 oz. per / 1000 or something.

I would think that mix would work a lot better than speedzone, from my experience.
  3. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

Who would spend 250 bucks on a 2.5 gal jug of chemical all speed zone is and spotlight is a mix of 24d/msma you can pick up a 2.5 gal jug of 24d for 28 bucks and a 2.5 gal jug of msma for 60.00 bucks i would not spend 250 bucks on chemicals most customers wouldn't be able to afford the price of an app due to the price of chemical at least not in my area the most the pricing goes for around here is 50 bucks for a 5000 sq ft lawn half an acre around 75 bucks but i come out pretty even due to not any of my chemicals cost over 70 bucks per each 2.5 gal jug. and by the way use generic chemicals they work just as good as that name brand crap with out the high prices like round up pro 250 bucks a jug when you can pick up a jug of bucaneer same thing as round up pro for 55 bucks.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Nice Point
  5. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

Thanks i just dont see the point in spending those kind of prices unless your a multi million lawn company like trugreen or chemlawn what ever the damm name is