Spotted A Craftsman EASTER Scrub Mowing At Post Office Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albemarle Lawn, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Where's my camera when I need it.

Scrub was spotted at main post office on HWY 29 (4 lanes, high-visibility) on a CRAFTSMAN rider.

He was hauling ***.

Scalping, you name it. Some old Metallic T-shirt, cigarette, only thing missing was a beer in his hand, I guess he couldn't drink and mow 7 MPH on a Crapsman.

TERRIBLE and UNHOLY on U.S. PROPERTY!!!

2. Miller Mowing

Miller Mowing LawnSite Member

He probably was trying to make a living just like you. Lets be careful what we say about folks in the lawn biz, most of us didn't start out with a $7,500 mower.

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto. I've seen USPS spec sheets for this type of work. It's lowest bidder stuff only. You didn't want that contract so don't worry about that contractor, you've got your own axe to grind.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It may not have anything to do with the post office. Our local post office is leased with the property owner being responsible for the maintenance.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

It was the Postmaster!!!!!

6. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Maybe it was someone who works at the post office doing it.

7. lablandscaping

lablandscaping LawnSite Member

I was just hired to clean a post office last week. Most of them from this area are in fact leased. The local postmaster actually called me personally and I gave him a price, which he accepted. He heard of me and never bothered to shop around. No low bid scrubs here!

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Some people don't believe that grass should look good it is just something that has to be "whacked down" and that is why poor quality is fine. Each to there own.

Gravely_Man

9. LANDGUARD

LANDGUARD LawnSite Member

Maybe his contract calls for mowing to be done on a closed day, (Sunday). Also, I thought that you had to be licsenced, referenced, bonded and insured for any work done on government property. Doesn't sound like a scrub to me just a lowballer.