spray bid

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by meets1, Mar 29, 2005.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

300,000 sq ft. All commercial location. Fairly easy to get around, decent terrain, great prospect.
    4 steps

What would some of you guys charge?
  2. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

If this is one sole property, I would price it around $5 per 1000 square feet ($1500 per application).

But that is me..... I don't know you or your operation.

Personally, I have 3 properties that are that large or larger, and I sub them out for $2.85 per 1000 and I charge $5. Thus, I am making $2.15 per 1000 square feet profit and not even doing the work.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

.004 / sq ft / chemical / app.

If it's sprayed AND fertilized, since I can do both in one pass, .007 / sq ft.

If it's a 4-5 round contract, maybe an extra 4% discount on the entire deal for the year, 8% if paid up front.
  4. lawnmedicCC

lawnmedicCC LawnSite Member

Hey meets1, price by the cost of your material! Straight fert might cost you say, $400, figure a 30% chemical cost and that gives you a $1300 app. price. Now take Fert w/grub at about $1,000 cost, now you're charging $3,000! You also can take the total annual cost and divide it into equal payments... Anyway, that's how I do it. You can adjust your % to your liking... I like 30%. Go get 'em! :D