spray guns and tip's

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LP, Mar 12, 2003.

1. LP

LP LawnSite Member

I've just recently got my lic. and finished my first round and my question is can you buy a metal gun or something more durable than the cheapo from lesco, tips wear out quick and break at the slightest drop!

2. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

What gun? I have the Lesco-Chemlawn gun with yellowtip and haven't had any trouble with it. I did have a blue tip that split along the holes but the gun itself has never even leaked.
    I haven't used the red gun they have that has the tip that looks like a showerhead.

I'm thinking about going to a wand about 24in long with a 45 degre angle at the end with a flat fan tip on it, if I could find a source for one.

3. LP

LP LawnSite Member

It's the blue tips im having trouble with, but also after you stop spraying and shut the valve off the chemical keeps seeping out all over the side of my truck! Any advice?

4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

run lower pressure.

5. JD9, but I like the chemlawn gun better.

And as Mark said, if you're ruining seals you're running to high pressure.

The gun rebuilds in less than 2 minutes.

6. philk17088

The rubber o rings and the rubber plunger tip are probably damaged. Do the rebuild but make sure the valve seats are instraight and seated otherwise you'll keep getting drips.

7. LP

LP LawnSite Member

I had just purchased the gun and the lesco dealer gave me another one, and sometimes it does the same thing , you have to shake it real good before you put it up, the lesco dealer recommended spraying at 100 psi, which is what I have been doing!

8. philk17088

Try 50-75lbs the 100lbs could be pushing the material past the seals enough to make it drip.

9. LP

LP LawnSite Member

Thank's phil, I'll try it , just hope it's enough pressure to push the chemical properly. Did you notice we have the exact # of total post?

10. What pump do you have?

My Hypro's guages wont show less than 100psi.

Typical lawn spraying should be about 40-50 psi.