Spray/Holding Tanks!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cgland, Feb 27, 2005.

1. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys - Over the past several years we have been applying granular only. This year we made the leap and bought a Perma Green Magnum so we can step into the liquid arena. My question to you is...Where/who is a good place to buy a spray/holding tank that I can mount to a skid? (besides Lesco) I'm thinking probably 100 or 200 gallons. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    P.S. Yes, we are licensed! :rolleyes:

Chris

2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Try Tractor Supply Co. or Gregson-Clark if you don't want a Lesco.

3. brizine

brizine LawnSite Member

Not to hijack your thread but, could you give us updates on how well you like your magnum as you use it. Looking for some feedback by someone that has actually owned and used a magnum. Westheffer has tanks(www.westheffer.com).
    Thanks Brian

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

We have bought a lot of tanks from MWM Co. They don't build systems they just manufacture and sell tanks, cradles, etc... excellent prices.

MWM Company Inc
    Po Box 67, North Quincy, MA 02171
    (617) 328-1920

5. cgland

Thanks guys! I will keep everyone posted when we have a couple of weeks on her. Thanks for the info.

Chris

6. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

try calling GNC industries, there prices are the lowest i've found 800-462-2005
    or www.gncindustries.com

7. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Is not 200 gals a really big tank for a magnum? Are you running more than one? I would not want to carry more product on the truck than I would use in a day. The liability of a spill will kill you. I would like to know how much you guys do carry per truck, when using a low volume sprayer like the magnum. Do you carry water and then mix on site???

8. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Try Paul B Zimmerman in Ephrata. They have all kinds of tanks and are very reasonable. They are pretty close also.

9. cgland

PR Fect - I am an advocate of not having to buy things twice. That is why I mentioned the 200. We certainly won't need that much at first, but it's nice to know that I can grow into it and not have to buy another. And yes, we would only mix enough for the day. I don't think mixing on site is a great idea. Don't know of too many homeowners that enjoy chemical mixing in their front yard and if you would spill something...... :cry: :angry:

Chris

10. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris I'm with you on this one. But reading some of the posts on this site it sounded like some mix on the job. My insurance does not cover a spill clean up from my truck. I am haveing a aluminum tool box made to hold my hand held sprayers, and my jugs. Hope one never spills in the truck.