Spray in bedliner, which one?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by FERT-TEK, Dec 15, 2004.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Considering putting a spray on bed liner in my new truck which one would you guys recommend? I know there are a few out there but know little about which is best. A couple friends have the Line-x brand and swear by it but they might be partial. If you had to choose which would you go with. I would also be interested in any bad experiences and why if you have had any.

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a new truck and was wondering the same. Around here, I have found Line-X and Rhino Guard. Both are fairly the same in cost, around $400 for a 6' bed, under the rail. Not sure of the differences, or which is better.

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

Dave, my dad has three pickups with rhino liners in them and there holding up great, my uncles also have it in there trucks to. I know there in a Line-X dealer in bartlett and a rhino liner in carol stream so both are nice and close. Personally i think the line-x spray on looks alittle cleaner, just a tad less lumpy. but the rhino liner guy told me there more brittle. all i know is rhino liner has a lifetime warrenty :waving:

4. Harleyboy52

Harleyboy52 LawnSite Member

I had a 2002 F150 Harley Davidson edition with Line-X in it and liked it very much. I never really hauled anything in it that would have scrached the bed but it was pretty. I had a friend that sprayed his HD motorcycle with Rhino Liner, fenders and tank. It looked like crap to me but he liked it. Never got scrached.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Some junk yards by me will no longer take Rhino liner beds..heard it screws with the smelting process...dunno

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

rhino is the big one here.

7. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I got line-X because it was sprayed in thicker than the rhino. Might be because of the person spraying it, but mine works great.

8. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Had Rhinoliner for 3 years now....put it through the wringer....no complaints

9. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Line - X around here

If you get one, bring your trailer with you and have the ramp sprayed. You will be very happy with the results! No more slipping and rusting on the mesh.

10. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

I like that idea, I think I will have the ramp sprayed. Do you know if it gets slippery when wet.