spray insurance

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by coryc_23, Jun 16, 2007.

1. coryc_23

coryc_23 LawnSite Member

Looking for spraying insurance here in ohio the business insurance that i have will not cover me to spray lawns. So i as wondering if any of you guys help me out or could give me names of the insurance company that you use. I need at least 300,000 to cover the spraying thanks again.:usflag:

2. GTP

GTP LawnSite Member

Try Scotsdale Insurance

3. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

any general liability insurance should do.

4. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

I disagree. You need insurance for pesticides and I'm not sure why but the insurance company's make a difference between dry and liquid herbicides. We use a company called Wilson Mutual home office Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Ask a independent agent in your area about them.

5. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Someone who carries Erie Insurance might work.

6. mrkosar

from Ohio

maybe it is different up there, but i have general liability insurance that has a provision which covers the application of pesticides in it. it covers many more things, and is the same one he seems to be talking about i believe. this general liability insurance has a minimum of $300,000 per occurence. we use Ohio Mutual Insurance, but go through a smaller local guy that helped set it up.

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

mrkosar, our requirements are different up here too. I have to provide proof on pesticide coverage before I can get my yearly Operators licence. If I cancel my insurance then my insurance company is required to notify the Ministry.

8. coyoteman

coyoteman LawnSite Member

Cantoo, I'm curious as to your insurance provider. I find our price high and have been trying to find other companies that will insure pesticides to get quotes from.

9. mrkosar

from Ohio

notify the ministry huh? sounds like big brother might be cracking down on pesticides up there. good. down here we just have to ask the almighty W if it is alright. since he is busy getting us oil, we can do what we want.

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

coyoteman, it's a local farmers Mutual Insurance company. I was one of their very first customers for pesticide insurance. No one else around here would even get me a quote. I live in a rural area and most of my competition aren't properly licenced and insured. I have customrs complaining about me leaving signs on their lawns, their neighbours don't have these signs. Even the big boys usually just put out a small sign advertising their name and not legal. Ain't worth the hassle to complain because I'm sure i'm not doing everything right either. They will find someone to get me with.