1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

spray material used in your perm a green magnum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Jul 24, 2005.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

have you guys used any insecticide or fungicides out of your magnum?
  2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

3. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

I was told with the low volume spray not to use Merit since Merit needs to be soaked in. I was diapointed in that.
  4. While I don't own a magnum, I do have an ultra.

My take on those sprays is the higher volume contributes to the function of the pesticide. In the case of fungicides, and insecticides the active ingredient needs to wash down past the surface of the grass to the thatch layer, or cover more of the surface of the grass.

The ultra low volume of the PG's literally sprinkle a few drops on each plant, so it seems to me that products that require higher volumes to perform properly are not suited for the PG's.

Of course some people may disagree, this post only reflects my opinions.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Also, there are certain products that it is actually illegal to spray with a Permagreen because of the low volume rate. However, owith some products, this can be avoided by mixing at half the rate and going over it twice. It is usually recommended to do this at different directions.