Spray-On Mulching

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Wolfie's L&L, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

In the neighborhood where my crew was working at today, I saw a local LCO using a truck and a hose and they were actually spraying mulch. Does anyone here do this regularly?

The mulch seemed to be triple-ground, compared to what we have, which is double-ground. Is it easy to sweep and cleanup?

Thanks!

Jason

2. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

what did the truck look like?
    We have an Express Blower truck (acctually 4) and we do this all the time. there are a few other manufacturers around but the EB's are the cadilacs of the blower truck industry. You can shoot out any type of mulch, 3/4 in rock, soil, and other things of that sort. Great for the large jobs can realy save you alot of time and money.

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Your kidding right? You have never seen or at least heard of a mulch blower? Been landscaping how many hours now?? :)

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

heres a pic of our blower truck. works very well might i add......i cant even imagine going back to the shovel and wheel barrow.

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i saw my first mulch blower when i was 8 years old. lol. they were putting mulch on the local road median (Vernior/8mile Harper-Mack) and i was amazed at such a big machine that was so powerful. im now 16 and want one for myself. lol. there awsome though, seems like their fairly easy to operate once you get the hang of it, and is a BIG BIG time saver, and time = money for where im concerned!

6. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

I've seen a couple of trucks around here pretty regularly, and it seems to be picking up in popularity here on the east coast.

The truck was a smaller version of yours, MDB. I can see it would be a heck of a time saver.

Jason

7. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

I may be in need of a mulch sprayer in the area of Monroe/Bridgeport, Connecticut. Anyone out there or know of someone?
    Thx.

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

hey s goalie.....give me a call at (860) 633-0115. depending how many yards you want done, we will drive to bridgeport. we are out of glastonbury.

Matt Bagshaw
    accounts manager
    E.A. Quinn Landscape Contracting Inc.

my extension is #23, or click extension #31 for tony, he runs the mulchblower.

9. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

The truck I guess is fine but the crews need to pay more attention to detail.
    From what i've seen the beds look plastered with no attention to detail. No edgeing, not a real clean look.

:blob3:

10. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

Don't feel bad CTHL...I been in this 20 yrs. I ain't ever seen or heard of a mulch blowing truck either. I've seen hydro-mulching with seed done...mebbe that's close, dunno. Never seen anyone blowing wood mulch into beds.

Very cool tho.