Spray Pressure?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by msuturfgrad, Apr 25, 2006.

1. msuturfgrad

msuturfgrad LawnSite Member

Those Of You That Have Hypro D30 Pumps With Hose Reel, What Pressure Do You Run?

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

what are you spraying? Turf, I basically ignore the pressure on the gage as it hardly registers. LOW is what you want if you are using a chemlawn gun. Keep the valve going to the reel wide open and use the valve that feeds the jet agitation to regulate your hose pressure.

Using a 2 gallon nozzle (yellow) set it so it's spraying out about 5 to 8 feet straight out holding the gun horizontal. If that makes any sence, lol. Biggest thing is finding out how many GPM's your nozzle is putting out so you can calibrate correctly how many gallons you are applying per 1,000 sq. ft.

3. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

The pressure for turf is irrelevent, what you need to do is get a clear jug and see what your gallons per minute are, and adjust it so that when you factor in your walking speed and your spray pattern you will be applying the correct amount of dilution. See, this stuff is simple.

4. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

Also one thing to consider is the more pressure that you run, the more overspray or drift you will get. Keep the pressure down so that you have a good droplet size. Bucket check your GPM and start spraying. Good Luck

5. lorensanders

lorensanders LawnSite Member

Mine Is Set At 50 Psi , For Preemergents.....

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I think I always ran mine at about 30 psi.