Spray Pricing for new business

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Up, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Green Up

Green Up LawnSite Member

I have just gotten state certified to strat spraying. I have been in the lawn cae service for 20 years. Having expanded my business, there is alot of thing to learn. I have purchased a Lesco 250 gal. sprayer with 300' 1/2' hose spray system. In the area that i live, there is no other certified applicators. I have no one to compare pricing with. I want to be fair to the customers, but I also want to make a profit. I have heard pricing ranging from $4.00 per 1000 to $8.00 per 1000. I use alot of Lesco products. I have noticed that I get a different price from everytime I call them. I seems to depend on who I talk to. I know that there are alot of factors to consider. Your input would be greatly apprciated.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Always take their lowest offer.
    I think one of the major companies charges 6 dollars per thousand, plus a 22 dollar stop charge.

3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

you should always price based on your costs and profit margin. So if your fixed and variable costs come in at X you cant do a job for less even if everyone else is. Make sense?

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

When I first started 20+ years ago someone told me to shoot for:

25% labor
    25% materials
    25% overhead
    25% profit

Those #'s have evolved over the years but it's a good baseline to start with.