Spray Rig "Finally Done"

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by FOL, May 17, 2009.

1. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

nice!!!! that's the spirit!!! see I told you you could and should do it for your self!!! what can i say, its bad to the bone!!!!

glad to be a part of your success and hope you do well with it!!!

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah and nice part is, if something breaks he knows how to fix it

Not crazy about the plywood but there probably is not a more cost effective solution, plate steel would have been nice, Stainless would have certainly kicked it up a notch

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

I think thats a temp till he gets some poly lumber and then its a template.....

maybe he will bring it down for the class???

4. FOL

FOL LawnSite Member

Plywood is temp.

I am going to do my best this week to get it down there. TG

Never considered and electric motor, but I am charging my battery with a solar power panel from Waly World. If that matters at all.

5. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Nice, I believe that would have been my only change. Not only for the "greenness" but also the savings in gas.

I like it though... how hard would it be to convert it to be able to fit into a truck? Would you be able to rearrange it and all? Or is it too big for a normal bed? Then just throw on a flat bed, it would save the hauling a trailer around...

6. FOL

FOL LawnSite Member

I think it would fit into a larger style truck. I like my truck bed though so I dont mind hauling it around. I'm sure with some mods, I could possibly run an electric motor, I will keep that in mind for the next one. O yeah, there will be another one.

7. nc-jrock

nc-jrock LawnSite Member
    from NC

That's really cool FOL. Can you tell us the over all cost?

8. FOL

FOL LawnSite Member

tanks $550.00
    pump,motor/hose/reel $2,585.21
    metal $250.00
    misc $500.00
    trailer $1,400.00

Total: $5,285.21

9. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

what size are the tanks?

I was talking with one of my guys today about designing our trucks for the future. I don't like the Isuzus and I hear they cost a pretty penny on maintenance. There is a company near by that has something similar to a F450 and its a monster. Major overkill if you ask me. A 350 would do more than enough.

SO, I currently have a 250, with a normal bed and a Lesco spacesaver. But I was thinking of changing the normal bed to a flat bed, maybe pick one up from a junkyard?, and then I could add tanks and stuff to make my own design sort-o-speak. Then I could save money by buying good, used vehicles and customizing them to my standards.

10. FOL

FOL LawnSite Member

250 gallon and 50 gallon. I am working on a diagram with dimensions and everything that was put into it. Should have it posted and emailed to a couple people here shortly.