spray rig

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accuratelawn, May 21, 2003.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking of buying a spray rig vs the mower mounted system I am currently using.
    I have a F350 and pull a 8x16 enclosed trailer. I do bag some grass, and do landscape maintenance so i need some space in the bed. (short bed). Can the rig be mounted in the trailer? Or should I stay with the truck mount?
    Ideas? Pic?
    Thanks, Jeff
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Here a pic (although, not a very good one) of my new spray rig. Lesco space saver leaves more than 50% of the bed space open.

tank sprayer.jpg
  3. mr.lawnzap

mr.lawnzap LawnSite Member
    from tulsa

if you put a rig in a shortbed you wont have much room left if any unless you get a spacesaver from lesco, even then youll be cramped. if you spray alot put it on its own dedicated trailer or if you cant put it on its own trailer, skid mount it, and you can go in truck or trailer as needed. the reason i prefer trailermounting is ease of access to the unit and the bed space in the pickup is open. if your not gonna be spraying dont hitch up.
  4. If I remember correcly a guy on here said he fits 32 bags of fert in the back of his short bed with that space saver.

I know you can fit around 60 +/- bag with a long bed.

Stick with it in the bed, it's always with you, or you can go out without pulling a trailer, and trust me, that is a big head ache to not worry about.