Spray rigs

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnsnake, Nov 7, 2003.

1. lawnsnake

lawnsnake LawnSite Member

I am just getting into spaying chemicals and fertilizing. I was wondering the best and the cheapest way to go about getting a good spray set-up. Would it be to go get a big 100 gal. tank from the farmers co-op, buy a pump, and then buy some sort of long hose all seperately? Or is there a place I can buy the whole set-up less expensive? Please reply!
  2. GreenWorks Inc.

GreenWorks Inc. LawnSite Member

If you have a Lesco service center in your area you won't be able to beat the nice people and all the help you will get. Also make sure to have the proper licensure from you state before you start applying any type of pesticide. John
  3. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a 100 gal unit with 200 ft of hose and one season on a new briggs engine. I found it ideal this season but will probably sell it and move up to a 300 gal unit as my service area will be increasing in 2004.
  4. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

Make sure you have the appropriate license and certification to spray in MS. I'm sure you know this by now. Lesco has very good products but man they are expensive...at least in this area. You would be better off buying one that is already together..but hey thats just my opinion.

Get a 200 gallon if you buy one....the price difference is usually just $100-$200. Hypro (roller) pumps good to use and easy to maintain, and get at least 400' of hose on an ELECTRIC HOSE REEL. Trust me, you'll understand why after cranking a manual reel a few times and you will need the extra hose for the big lawns.

Well good luck.