1. steve's total lawn care

steve's total lawn care LawnSite Member

Do most of you use signs after treating a lawn is it required in every state i live in oklahoma most of the guys i see after doing a app put signs in the lawn they mainly have advertisement on them to attract more customers.

2. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure that when you took the classes to get licensed, they covered this, right?

In Indiana they're required. They're not just for advertising, although I can honestly say I don't think it hurts. Mainly they're there so people know that a lawn has had pesticides applied, and your name and number are on there so they know who to call if there's a problem.

3. steve's total lawn care

we dont have classes they send you a book and all thats in it is how to fertilize distinguish diffrent weeds grass diseases insect damage and how to calibrate a sprayer and the fudementals of them.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

You better do a bit MORE research about that! I have never seen a state yet that didn't have a Commercial pesticide applicator program.

Look here: http://www.oda.state.ok.us/pics-overviewhome.htm

it's Oklahoma's dept of ag. website. it clearly states what you need in the way of testing and catagories to be certified in YOUR state.

Not trying to be an azz, just want you to be informed :waving:

5. steve's total lawn care

I am certified i have a commercial applicators license for turf/ornamental and as far as the classes they are CEUs but i dont go to these because you have to pay per 200 bucks each time you go to these meetings screw that i will just retest after 5 years to renew my license that just costs 100 bucks. If not then i will find another line of work pressure washing biz i already have my own pressure washing rig on a 5x10 trailer with a 300 gallon tank and pump/engine combo i do this here and there this is one of add ons to my business.

6. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Steve,

Do us all a favor and stick with pressure washing. The CEU's are not just a revenue-generating vehicle for the state. They actually teach you something. If you went, you would surely know the answer to your original question.