Spray System for Noobie

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by NJWashingGuy, Aug 21, 2007.

1. NJWashingGuy

NJWashingGuy LawnSite Member

I was looking at the StarSealofOhio System which appears to be the same of the AsphaltKingdom System (price difference of @$600). Are these or similar systems sufficient for doing residential driveways or do I need something of more substance. I will not sacrafice quality for cheaper $$, but would not like to have to spend a fortune to get into the industry. I currently do powerwashing and am looking to expand my services available to my customers.
    Any helpful hints would be great and it appears that there is a lot of information available here.
    Any suppliers for equipment or bulk product in New Jersey or Southern New York would be great too. Thanks, Mike.

2. NJWashingGuy

NJWashingGuy LawnSite Member

TIPS, approximate price, etc. any advice at all?????? Comments??????? Thanks.

3. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

NJ

See the thread thats titled "plastic tank, pump question"

That thread is all about the system that youre talking about.

4. lsantos234

lsantos234 LawnSite Member

do you know where i can buy a 110 gallon sealcoat system cheaper than asphalt kingdoms ak2400? thanks ahead

5. lsantos234

anyone? 110 gallon ?

6. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure, go to a farm/co-op store, and buy all the same parts there, for just over 700 bucks.

7. lsantos234

you wouldn't know a parts list would ya? wanted to build my own cause the one on asphalt kingdom has a pump that is not for liquid w/solids.i need a 100 ft of hose and don't know exactly what size of motor or what brand motor,size lines,what the best fittings are. and and i know that i do not want a freakin ball valve for a shut of valve on the wand.if you could please help i would really appreciate it. also i want to be able to recirculate the sealer in tank.

8. lsantos234

anyone else feel free to chime in.

9. SealCoatPlus

SealCoatPlus LawnSite Member

these units just look cheep and how do you mix sealer i dont know i would never go with a tank and trash pump from TS

10. ORRUG2K

ORRUG2K LawnSite Member

I Want To Make One Too But I Heard Some One Say They Needed A Pressure Relief Valve And Guage On The Trash/tote Setup. Is This So?? Where Do You Put It In The Lines.