1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spray Tank and Momentum ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BeautifulBlooms, Nov 5, 2006.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking into the possibility of having a tank for hauling around my herbicide mixes on my truck. I dont want to do the hose and pump system if possible because I simply do not have that many jobs. I think I can handle backpack spot spraying twice during the summer with only a few small accounts (after a granular trimec/fert combo application in early May)

One question is how long could momentum be in a tank before the salts will settle out. No pump parts or the capability to agitate the mix or anything just a valve to open up and fill my backpack sprayers. Will the herbicide be mixed effectively for a week or two, or do I need to only mix up what I plan on spraying out that day? My guess is with my 10-20 lawn accounts I would need no more than a 50 gallon tank for the mix.

The other question is where do I find small tanks like this? I just simply do not need a 200 - 300 gallon or more tank like I see on most lawn service trucks?
  2. standeruser

standeruser LawnSite Member

I would try to only mix what you need for the week if possible. I f you need to keep it for a longer period of time like say a week you should be fine. I, d reccomend a Lesco 50 gall. skid for a nurse tank or check out www.northerntool.com they have tanks as well. Good Luck