spray tank on Z mower????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jestermg, Aug 4, 2004.

1. jestermg

jestermg LawnSite Member

I own 2 gravely zero turning mowers. I would like to have the ability to put a 15-20 gallon spray tank on these. The thing is I dont want to leave them on....so I need a removeable type system.

Any info or anyplace on the web that I could get an idea about this or purchase one please let me know.

Thanks

2. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Here are 2 pics of a 15 gallon spray tank with a 4 foot spray boom. I got the tank from TSC. I took the spray gun off and connected it to the spray boom I made up myself.
    I installed a push/pull toggle switch next to my PTO switch. This is the only permanent installation. The tank and spray boom comes off when I'm done with my applications. All I do is connect the crocodile clamps to the battery and the other end connects to the pump.
    The whole outfit cost me $152.
    This works perfect and with the maneuverability of the Z it makes spraying a joyride!

spray1.jpg

3. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

here's thetank mounted on the foot plate of the mower and secured with ratched tie downs.

spray2.jpg

4. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

5. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

I just bought a 25 gal tank from TSC and put it on a shop made trailer with lawnmower tires. Built a 10' boom and can spray a path 13' wide. I made a hitch for my Lazer. I also pull dump carts and fert. spreader. That way I just hook-up and go.

6. anteater6788

anteater6788 LawnSite Member

Is anybody using a mounted sprayer like that to spray edges while you mow? I was thinking of making a sprayer like that that will have a nozzle behind the left rear tire so I could spray roundup along fences and round buildings while I mow. Tee Jet makes nozzles that produce only half of a fan pattern so the nozzle could be mounted inside the edge of the deck yet spray most of it's pattern out past the deck. Currently I am using a hand sprayer but it is slow and not very accurate.

7. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

JRCO is the unit I have my eye on. 11` boom , 30gal. 3.5 gas motor. Anteater , I grew up in Batavia, Ia. Yee Haah !