1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Spray Tank

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by American_Lawn, Aug 16, 2008.

1. American_Lawn

American_Lawn LawnSite Member

Customer gave me a 416 gallon tank. What is this thing worth? I checked out tractor supply and northern tool and ones this size are priced at $550. Is this right. What can I resale this for?

P7270368.JPG

2. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

3. American_Lawn

I might have read it wrong, I have it at my storage shop so I cant go look. What does it look like to you?

4. Leaf Jockey

Theres not much to compare its size to in the pic, but if its a 6" lid and those are 18" trailer sides then I guess 50-75 gallons. I could be way off here.

Scott

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

it's 300+ gallons for sure. It should be on the end molded into the tank. Maybe 2 or 3 bills.

6. American_Lawn

The sides are 24in. I guess I will just wait until tomorrow and get the measurements so I know for sure. How much do you think I should take off from actual price? There are not many for sale online that are used to compare.

7. Leaf Jockey

I got nothin. I was just havin fun guessing its size.

Scott

8. American_Lawn

Thanks for your help. I want to sell this thing so I can get a new blower...:cool2:

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

To me it doesn't look like a 400 gallon tank, but if it is then you can usually figure $.75-1.25/gallon depending on the size, shape and thickness.

Being used, you should be able to get 50% of what it would sell for in the store.

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I spray with a 400 gallon tank. It fits nicely on my one ton pickup. Good for about 133,000 sqft. Just add engine, pump and reel. What inlets and outlets does it have? You may need a few items of rubber hose etc. I cut the frame in half from my old 200 gallon sprayer and sold the 200 gallon tank along with its saddle.
    Somebody needs this.
    My Chevy truck bed is about 61 iches wide. How wide and long is the tank? My Ford was about 64 inches wide. Fit into a van? Will tank fit sideways? longwise? Will it clear the wheelwells?