Spray tanks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by George777, Aug 29, 2001.

1. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I was wondering what size tank do most of you use? My partner and I just picked up a 30 gal for 175.00. It has about a 250' hose and its in great condition.

2. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

200 gal tank. I spray at 1 gp/1000 and get excellent results. But I am limited to 200,000 sq.ft per tank before I have to refill.

3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 35 gallon tank w/ an 80" boom set up on my Lazer. I have a 100 gal sprayer on the truck I use as a nurse tank. I set my Lazer sprayer up to spray at the rate of 1 gallon per 1000 sq. ft. I fill up both tanks in the A.M. and can cover 135,000 sq. ft. w/ this set up. :) ;) :) ED

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I use a Lesco 200 gal tank.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Here in Fla. we spray 5 gallon per M. Our Foratam grass looks and grows like your crab grass. we will also irrigate or water it in.

6. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow LawnSite Member

Ed,

Where did you purchase your spray rig for your lazer? It sounds like a good set up.

7. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Aspen Snow,
    I built it myself. I bought the tank, 12 volt Shurflo pump, hose, fittings, nozzels, fittings, etc.. at the local Farm & Fleet store. I bought the metal at a local fab shop. I also have a Lesco spreader I mounted on the front. This set up is a real time saver. I treat several 2-3 acre properties and I can do them twice as fast as I did when I was pushing the spreader and dragging the hose. I use it on all my properties including the postage stamps.
    :) ;) :) ED

8. turf13

turf13 LawnSite Member

Which Lesco spreader and how well does it work?

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I use a lesco electric spreader on the front of a Walker. Works Great. I do big and small with it, even shrub beds. Bought it for about $350 Cost me an other 100 to rig it to the Walker. 3 motors later it is ready to be replaced. I am not a big fan of Lesco Prices but there spreader are good. I use Lesco like a 7-11 and go fert& pest shopping at the super market. Washington Apples are Washington Apples.