1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spray trailer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by flamed69, Jun 13, 2008.

1. flamed69

flamed69 LawnSite Member

Because of the recent spike in fertilizer costs I am thinking of getting into spraying. I have never done any fertilizer spraying so any help would be great. I would also like to see some pics. of your rigs because I will probably end up building my own.
  2. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

First of all I am curious on how you think that liquids are going to be any cheaper than granular. Also, being your from texas, it isn't a good idea to use liquid ferts in the summer with droughts. I don't know about you guys in Texas, admitedly I am generalizing, but here in GA we are short on rain. Liquids work too fast. Granular has a slow release coating most of the time.
  3. flamed69

flamed69 LawnSite Member

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Just asking about a 2 inch transfer pumps shows how much you don't know about spraying. No that pump will rust slap up in a short period of time if exposed to chemicals. At 200 GPM you better be running 100 MPH when spraying. But thanks for laugh.
  5. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

try organics that way you wont kill yourself.LOLOLOL.

and we get our fert for free too.....