Spray Truck Design

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rob Spread & Spray, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

I spoke with a comapany about creating an enclosed spray rig for a ride on. No pricing yet. See what you guys think!

Attached Files:

2. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

It looks awesome. You need to keep us updated on the price? I do have one question. You can load the PG from both sides, which is great, but how do the ramps work? Or do the doors double as a ramp?

3. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great. Keep us posted on any more info.

4. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping: Looks great keep us posted:clapping:

5. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

They typically use roll up doors, so we could either change the roll up doors to drop downs or build a ramp in side to pull out. I know this wont be cheap and I should add that I dont need all the tanks as they had set up inside, they will be pricing just the box. This is not your typical riveted box that you see on a cab over, its built much better!

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

IF U SET it up the way they have it youll need a semi to haul all the weight
    i like the idea but dont like the price it will cost you.
    what kind of chassi is it going on?
    how long do u expect it to last?
    what about the dot? and the weight of the chassi?
    oh and how strong is the bulk head between the fert and the liquid tanks if u wreck will they slide and smash the tanks?
    i made a van do 90% of what i need it to do would i like a bigger truck sure but the cost to get there is not in the cards for me.
    good luck keep us posted.

7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

that body would be perfect what are the dimensions and what chassis are you putting it on

8. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

That would have to be some big truck to handle more than 8000 pounds of water, fert and equipment. I'd cut everything in half. If you're running a PG, then you don't need a 200 gallon tank or a 300 foot hose. Most PG users get by on a 100 gallon or less nurse tank. And although the PG can technically cover quite a bit of square feet, it's not typical to use more than a pallet of fert in one day, so why lug another around?

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

It wouldn't be fair for me to commend on the Perma Green since I have never owned one. But I feel there are better models on the market.

As for the Body a 4700 International might be a better choice for that much weight. I am of the Too Much weight for daily use school of thinking. I feel a enclosed 12 ft single axle trailer pulled by a standard pick up truck would be a better way to go. True a straight truck has advantages of parking and turning around that a trailer doesn't. The roll up doors are a maintenance nightmare. this is not by cup of tea although I am a big believer in enclosed trucks and use an enclosed Isuzu NPR that is much lighter and smaller. I have to pull a trailer for my spread and spray machine. But I can also but a W/B power spreader on the Bumper.

10. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Our company pulls a Z-spray on the Z-spray rack with a 14' enclosed box on a 14,000-16,000 lb GVW in a cab forward Ford LCF and a Sterling. We load a pallet of fert with the forklift in a 48" side swing door. and the tank up front 200 gallon has a 30" side swing door. We looked at putting the ride on inside the truck and it wasn't feasable. Too much weight on the back side of the axle. Our WB is 149". Most of the fert weight is right over the rear axle and the liquid weight is up in the front of the box. Your design puts too much weight in back of the axle and it lifts the front end on a smaller GVWR truck.