Spray trucks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by phopkins, Oct 1, 2007.

1. phopkins

phopkins LawnSite Member

We are in the process of building some new spray trucks with 2 200 or 300 gallon tanks for turf and tree spraying. We continue to debate whether an enclosed box truck or open flat bed would be better. We will also haul our spreaders and granules with these rigs. We have a large warehouse that we park in at night so loading and unloading at night is not really a concern. Another question that keeps coming up is whether to run 1 pump for both tanks or separate pumps and motors? Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Pics of your rigs would help also.
    Thanks!
    PLH

PS Again we are getting ready to build these trucks so any ideas or suggestions can be added to our design!

2. Real Green

Real Green LawnSite Senior Member

You actually are not far from Really Inovations which is located in GA. They specialize in building spray trucks for Lawn and Tree care companies. They will work with you to help develop your truck. Contact them and best of luck to you!

3. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

I would probably run seperate pumps. I'm not sure I would want to be canopy spraying trees and using herbicides out of the same tank on a regular basis.

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Check the post: "Whats a good spray tank set up?" posted on 9/6/07.

You will see pics of my 2500HD w/tree & lawn set up. (American Lawn Care, Inc).

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I use an open pickup. However--perhaps a slightly used UPS Brown truck would suit your needs. Low to the ground. Dual wheels.

Separate pumps for each solution--don't take a chance here. But you cannot really put a 5 horse motor inside the enclosure. You need a power takeoff with drive shafts and belts to drive the pumps. Or...you need to use hydraulic slave motors to power the pumps.

If you use an enclosed truck your fert does not get wet, in rain. If you can place a pallet of fert on truck--that is an advantage. Spreader inside is good. Fit in a Permagreen, better yet.