Spray wand material

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by pgrzes, Dec 5, 2011.

1. pgrzes

pgrzes LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a good source for aluminum tubing? I think the prices that are charged for spray wands are insane. I would like to make my own but have not been able to locate 3/4" tubing. Any help would be appreciated.

2. CapnMorgan

CapnMorgan LawnSite Member

3. AffordableSealcoatingLLC

AffordableSealcoatingLLC LawnSite Member

Seal-Rite sells the whole thing for under 90

4. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I made up one out of 3/4 copper works well and it was free.(almost):laugh:

5. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Post some pictures of those wands, I want to see the results!

6. prestige101

prestige101 LawnSite Member

i learned real fast that copper wand works great i one day went into treat my guys to lunch came out to no brooms squeegees and most important "no spray wand and being it was a sunday there was no place to get another so off to the closest big box store we went and 30 minutes later with some 3/4 copper and some solder and fittings we had a wand and they were happy but let me tell you they were not happy with the box store sealcoat brushes and squeegees they still till this day have been hanging on the wall in the shop

7. pgrzes

pgrzes LawnSite Member

I bought a 21' piece of aluminum tubing at a local metal supply store for $38. I used a real heavy piece of shrink wrap for the 2 handle grips. I figure for about $50 apiece I have 3 wands on the ready. I put an 8" piece after the shut off valve with a 45 deg. on it. I did like a 90 on the end of the wand.

8. sealseal

sealseal LawnSite Member

I am building my first sealcoating system on a budget of almost Zero Dollars and was wondering why I couldn't build my own wand out of 3/4 copper pipe instead of iron or aluminum pipe. It seemed to me having done lots of plumbing in my time it would work and cost next to nothing with the most expensive part being the ball valve. Thanks for confirmation it works for you. Now I will make one myself.