1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sprayable UFLEXX

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ThreeWide, Dec 12, 2006.

1. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

2. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about the sprayable stuff. But I used granular uflexx for two years and stopped using it because the results were very poor in my opinion. It flushed out just like it wasn't supposed to. Now that I use ppscu I don't get that any more. I guess it depends on what you are looking for.
  3. ThreeWide

Not suggesting that Uflexx is a replacement for SCU.

But when you need to spray a certain round of apps, it certainly would be nice to extend the release pattern of Urea by adding the Hydrexx to your mix. I think a product like this definitely would have its place.
  4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

turfunlimited, i sent you a PM on an altertive.
    i did see the 46-0-0 w/ uflexx, but it was 18.90 50# bag
  5. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried the Hydrexx? What is the cost?

Teeca, I am curious to know of the alternative, please share.

Happy Holidays
  6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

On my Florida Sand, I gave up on any kind of spray-able slow release. Spray-able Slow release flushes out and in fact becomes a problem for ground water. I use Slow Release Granules and supplement them with a lower dose of spray that can be quickly up-taken before leaching out.

I want to think that in clay soils spray-able slow release material would work well. What works for me might not work for the next guys, so there are no bad products, just ones that are better Me.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i sat throught the speech from the agro guy and have not had the time to read all what he gave me but what i heard is that u cant cut it with urea to much or it will not work as well.
    i havent gotten any prices yet to compair to what i am doing now so i cant say how it works yet.
  8. Decali

Decali LawnSite Member

In the past I've melted down straight Uflexx in my tank mix and sprayed it out. What is the difference between that and this new product?
  9. ThreeWide

Essentially nothing.

In this case you are making your own Uflexx simply by mixing straight Urea and the Hydrexx material in your tank.

One would think the overall cost would be lower doing this, but that remains to be seen.
  10. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Turf. I was wondering the same thing, as I started spraying UFLEXX 46-0-0 this fall.