Sprayed 6 Acres with Speedzone Southern

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Wes Parker, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Wes Parker

Wes Parker LawnSite Member

I had someone ask me to spray 6 acres with Speedzone Southern. I will spray it with a ride on. I know everyone prices are different due to many different things but I was just wondering what you might charge to do this job. It is fairly wide open, a few trees here and there but nothing major to get in the way. Anybody?

2. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

What do you chemical do you normally spray with??? Just use your same application schedual but take into acct. for the price of speedzone?? I guess I really dont know what you are asking?

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Depends on how bad they want it. I sprayed one this year that is almost 9 acres for $4.50 per K. I used Prodiamine and Celcius with MSO. I emailed them a bid and was hoping they did not have a heart attack and really figured I was wasting my time, but they emailed right back and told me to do it.

If you are not doing much you could go as cheap as you want to, but if you are busy and have to fit it in where you could do several small ones for more money then I would not go too cheap. IMO

4. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure what the price is on Speedzone, but some of the post I use is around $25 per acre, my cost. You'll have to calculate how long it will take you to apply, add in your chemical cost for the 6 acres and whatever your hourly charge is. I'd be looking at a minimum of about $750 for 6 acres and it would take me about 3.5 hours with mixing time.

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I have one that is about 7 acres. Monument, Dismiss, Banvel, MSO. That will be $14 per 1000. All nutgrass must go, surviving weeds are my problem.

6. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

No fert right?? Depends on your rig and all - for me, I'd say $1200-$1500.

7. Wes Parker

Wes Parker LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info, I went with 1200.00. They didn't seem to mind. I may have been able to charge more but I'm satisfied since it only took me 4 hours this morning. Thanks again guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice work and hopefully you can get more jobs through them.....that's a good size.