sprayed salt and anti-icing

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by n y snow pros, Jan 6, 2000.

1. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

DOES ANYONE DO ANY ANTI-ICING (PUTTING A LIQUID OR SOLID ON THE ROAD SURFACE BEFORE IT SNOWS).MY SECOND QUESTION, IS THERE ANYONE USING MAGIC OR ANY OTHER LIQUID WHICH IS SPRAYED ON SALT OR SAND OR BOTH.WE ARE A DIST FOR MAGIC-0 AND WERE JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THESE TYPE OF PRODUCTS<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I do some pre wetting on some acounts. I pre wet a sand salt mix with a 70/30 ratio. Some times i use pure salt, and have pre wet that. I only do pre wetting on accounts where the bid is high enough to support the extra cost. The reason is most people don't want to pay for the pre-wet cost even if it works better, well this is Maine people aren't to high tech here. The only reason i even got my pre-wet systems was because the dealer couldn't sell them to anyone, and sold them to me at cost. I may also pre wet the start and end of a private road, sometimes i tell the guys to hit the curves and hills, depends on the conditions of the road. Just note when i hit extra stuff i am not making any money for the pre-wet, but i am not having to return for a second app.<p>Geoff

3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

What are you using for the liquid in the pre wet system?<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

4. GeoffDiamond

from Maine

Mag-chloride. Any sugestions<p>Geoff

5. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

What is pre-wetting?

6. GeoffDiamond

from Maine

Pre-wetting is when you spray a chemical in a liquid form at the material that comes out of a spreader. Pre-wetting systems were first put on v-box spreaders, only now they are aviable on under the tailgate models and replacement tailgate models. <p>Geoff